Latest News - Twitter
Self-regulation is the control we have over our thoughts, feelings, and actions. Self-regulated learning includes:
- Setting goals for learning
- Concentrating on instructions
- Using strategies to organise ideas
- Using resources effectively
- Managing time effectively
- Recognising strengths in learning
- Being positive about your capabilities
Self-regulation includes the ability to concentrate, become involved in group activities, restrain disruptive and impulsive behaviour and work independently.
At Kinross Primary School, there has been a focus over the last 3 years of selected staff developing their understanding of Self-Regulation, as well as undergoing some action research on the impact of supporting learning developing their self regulation strategies.
To learn more, please download our Self Regulation leaflet for parents. Click here
You may also want to take a few minutes to watch the support videos below