Nursery for 2 year olds at Kinross
Strong Start places for 2 year olds.
Eligible children joining our Strong Start programme attend nursery for five morning or five afternoon sessions a week. Each session lasts approximately 3 hours 10 minutes with start times agreed with individual schools.
Registration for Session 2015-2016
If a parent/carer receives any of these benefits, their 2 year old may be eligible for a Strong Start place:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) and Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is less than £6,420
- You may also be eligible if you are an asylum seeker receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
- Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
*Your two year old child may also be eligible from the point they are looked after, under a Kinship Care order, or with a parent appointed guardian. Advice is available from your allocated Social Worker.
When can my 2 year old child begin nursery?
- If your child was born between 1 March 2013 - 31 August 2013 then please apply for them to be able to begin nursery at the start of Term 1 (August - December 2015)
- If your child was born between 1 September 2013 - 31 December 2013 then please apply for them to be able to begin nursery at the start of Term 2 (January - March 2016)*
- If your child was born between 1 January 2014 - 28 February 2014 then please apply for them to be able to begin nursery at the start of Term 3 (April - July 2016)
*Please note that children born between 1 September 2013 and 31 October 2013 may access a local authority nursery place from week beginning 2 November 2015, providing staffing resources are available.
How to apply for a nursery place
Download the 2015/16 application [147kb] and hand the completed form to the nursery along with the following evidence:
- Evidence of the qualifying benefits you receive
- Proof of your child's age, (birth certificate) and;
- Proof of your current address eg recent utility bill or bank statement etc.